Thanks to the generous contributions of donors, Independent Colleges of Washington is able to provide over $1,000,000 in scholarships, financial assistance, and in-kind gifts to students attending our member colleges.
General Scholarship Application and Details for Current College Students
Many of our awards do not require an application, and are selected by the college financial aid offices from eligible students. The scholarships detailed below, are selected by committee and require an application and essay. Some of our scholarships are focused on major, others on community service or place of residence.
The general application for scholarships awarded to students attending ICW member colleges in Fall 2014 and requiring an application is a two step process:
2) Mail supplemental materials to ICW, 600 Stewart Street, Suite 600, Seattle, WA 98101: essay (topics below), resume, transcripts, and letter of recommendation.
Steps one and two must be completed and submitted by due March 17, 2014.
Notification of awards will be sent to students and college financial aid offices by July 1, 2014.
Please review the documents below for more scholarship details.
- Scholarship Descriptions and Essay Topics - Required essay topics and a closer look at some of the stories behind our scholarships.
- Scholarship Terms - Information about all our scholarships, including amount of the award, directions for applying and conditions of the scholarship.
- Checklist of steps for applying to ICW scholarships.
If you have further questions, please email info -at - icwashington.org or call 206-623-4494.
The Garrett J. Goodchild Achievement AwardThe Garrett J. Goodchild Achievement Award is open only to graduating seniors at Eastlake High School or Redmond High School who intends to enroll at any of the 10 independent colleges of Washington. Applying is a two step process:
Step 1 - Complete the ICW Online Scholarship Application for each scholarship by March 17, 2014.
Step 2 - Mail Supplemental Documents to ICW Postmarked by March 17, 2014
Send to: Independent Colleges of Washington, 600 Stewart Street, Suite 600, Seattle, WA 98101
Please include the following supporting documents, paper-clipped (no staples, please)
- One-page resume listing Honors and Awards, School and Community Activities, Offices and Positions of Leadership, and Employment History (if applicable)
- One-page essay: Reflect on your learning growth through high school. How has your experience impacted your personal development and plans for your future?
- One-page signed letter of recommendation from a high school teacher, counselor, administrator, an employer, or a non-family member who knows you well
- Current high school transcripts (unoffical copy is acceptable)
- Additional sheet to clarify any information (optional)
Please clearly identify your name, college, and the scholarship for which you are applying on the top of each page.
Please do not submit multiple page essays or resume's as only the first page will be reviewed.
PDF: 2011-12 Scholarship Newsletter (May 2012)
2010-11 Scholarship Newsletter (May 2011)
2009-10 Scholarship Newsletter (Winter 2010)
TheWashBoard.org - Ad and spam free scholarship search for Washington students.